LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We are committed to participating in the success of every employee’s career by providing high level training and education, experiential learning, leadership guidance, mentorship opportunities and competitive compensation and rewards.
We aim to ensure that each employee is provided with ongoing on-the-job training and access to a diversity of learning and development opportunities. Here are just some of the examples of opportunities you could take advantage of as an O&B employee:
- All employees have 24/7 access to online curriculum that includes learning about; culture, leadership, financial acumen, health and safety, food and wine knowledge, cooking skills and role-specific development
- Our internal website provides employees with the opportunity to learn from the experience and expertise of their colleagues
Learning and Development Reimbursement
- All new managers at O&B participate in a comprehensive manager in training program that emphasizes competency attainment through experiential learning and mentorship/coaching
- O&B offers reimbursement for learning and development activities to staff members that best exemplify the excellence that O&B stands for. These activities include things like educational trips (trips to visit suppliers, other restaurants, vineyards or chef 'stages'), courses, conferences and access to books and/or multimedia resources
- O&B provides employees with formalized tools and processes for both career and leadership development planning
- We pride ourselves on a maintaining a strong culture of coaching and mentorship
- We are an approved program provider of the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) and routinely offer certification courses to our employees at significantly reduced tuition rate
- Management employees attend in-house culture training and skill-building workshops
- Our employees are able to obtain Basic Food Handler’s Certification and Standard First Aid & CPR training through internal course offerings
- We maintain a partnership with the Institute of Management Studies (IMS) which affords our management employees the ability to attend monthly seminars on a variety of leadership topics
At Oliver & Bonacini our team works hard to provide our guests with the best experience each day, we believe in offering a compensation and perks package that rewards that effort. In addition to our competitive compensation package, we also offer some valuable perks:
Staff Dining Discount
Our staff is passionate about food and what better way to foster that passion than to eat at some of the best restaurants – our very own! Every O&B team member receives 50% off for themselves and three guests because why not share the wealth!
Our comprehensive benefits package includes heath, paramedical (massage therapy, naturopath, chiropractor, etc.), dental and vision care coverage. Our salaried employees can join the program after three months of service and our hourly team members are eligible after one year of service.
We want to help our employees save for the future so O&B offers an RRSP matching program for any salaried employee.
Management Dining & Uniform Allowance
We want you to look and feel your best at work! All of our Managers and Chefs are eligible for a monthly dining allowance and an annual uniform allowance.
O&B wants to make sure our staff are healthy, engaged and productive. Staff can stay fit through our discounted gym membership or receive 24/7 support from our Employee Assistance Program. Whether they need help with financial planning or a personal or family problem, you can turn to our confidential Employee Assistance Program for support and assistance with issues of everyday life, and for access to a wealth of resources.